Thursday, February 23, 2006

Whoa, where did the time go?

It is nothing less than eventful. The girls were home for a 4 day weekend. Last week was more than crazy. Friday we all cleaned house. Not that you could tell by Mon. Sat Kylee and Autumn played much better in their game. Autumn went to a birthday party and Kelsea had her game. They have won every game by a huge margin each time. I had to leave and orchestrate a rescue for my friend who got stranded on the freeway with 4 kids and I went to go get her 5th and Autumn from the party in the middle of Kelsea's game. Lee Joe worked hard all day. He took the girls to a BSU basketball game that night and I stayed home and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Sunday was my mom's birthday. We were trying to surprise her and almost missed her, she has been house sitting for her landlord.

Monday Lee Joe took Amber and Kelsea Skiing. Kelsea scared Lee Joe several times with her blasting down the mountain. She didn't know how to turn so she would ski straight down pretty fast. Her take on it was that "they took forever to get down the hill, Dad was stuck in a bush and Amber was too scared and would slow down constantly." They had a good time and came home in one piece. Kelsea said that she bruised each hip. One was when she was skiing and the other was after she turned in her skis. She slipped on some ice when she was running. Go figure.

So far this week I missed a doctor's appt for Amber. That is the first time ever. And we spent over 2 hours at the orthodondist today. The other craziness calmed down some and there is 2 basketball games left so that is a week and a half left of practice. Life will get peaceful for a little bit again. Hopefully we won't have any birthdays for a few weeks.

Lee Joe had his preop appointment for his surgery that will be Monday. They are going to pack his ear with foam. It will take 4 to 6 months to dissolve. His surgery is going to last 3 to 5 hours. It sounds like the recovery shouldn't be that painful and tylenol should relieve the pain. I talked to someone who's husband had the same surgery. She said after the 2nd surgery her husband's ear looked pretty gruesome right after the surgery.

I tried to get a cold on Tuesday. I felt really yucky. I took Airborne a few times and vitamins and I felt great yesterday afternoon. I kicked it!! I kicked it!!

Hannah's funny quote of the week. For dinner on Sunday we had "Gross Beast" Roast beef.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope that family appreciates all you do! I'm not sure that I will get my girls/kids into very many extra Curricular activities. As a Stay at home mom I don't think I really benefitted from doing them. Except to say. . .ONCE upon a time I got to do that. I'm sure it was nice for my parents to have after school "babysitters" but the scurrying around just sucks!