Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentines Day was very nice. Lee Joe got a Super Bowl Champions shirt and hat. He was so excited over that. Lee Joe got me a certificate for an aroma facial and manicure to Panache Day spa. He did good. We all went out to dinner together and had a nice time. The girls all got chocolates from us and the little girls got a little stuffed animal and Amber and Kelsea got cute rainbow flip flops.

I had to call Lee Joe on Mayanne's comment. It was so funny.

Lee Joe has something gowing in his ear. He has no hearing in his ear and it gets infected often. It has damaged the hearing bones in his ear. If we don't get it removed it can continue to grow and cause him to get an abcess in his brain. They are going to drill through the bone behind his ear to get to it and clean it all out. It is really close to the fluid in his ear that helps him keep his balance. If it drains out of his ear his hearing can't be restored and it will take him a week before he will be able to keep his balance. If it stays they will be able to restore his hearing, but that surgery will be six months down the road. When they do that surgery they will move his ear to get in there to see if they got everything and rebuild his eardrum. I am not looking forward to it at all. I don't like it when they hurt my hubby. He also reacts badly to pain medications and that is not a good place to deal with trauma to the body. They said he will be uncomfortable and down for a couple of days, I say it will be a week. When he recovers I am sure I will be ready for a vacation.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I hope that it all goes ok. We knew he had a problem growing up. he would sit in front of the t.v. and not hear a work we said. I know that they also call that selective hearing also. Know we know that he has a serious condition.