Monday, March 10, 2008

sick

Well I won't complain too much because I am no where near how Janika and her babies have been. Our prayers are with them. But I am having my turn of being sick and have done nothing for 3 days. It is slow going this morning but I may accomplish something today. Unless I don't get off the computer.

Kelsea tried out for AAU basketball on Saturday and she did pretty well. But her sick crud hit her on the 5 on 5 thing and she struggled with chest pains during it and felt real sick the rest of the day. Our Stake president is the assistant coach and wanted her to try out really bad. We will know by Weds if she made it. I think she did though. We had a conflict a couple weeks ago between her and the Young Mens pres. It has caused quite a stir. Actually the Young mens pres is really physical with many of the youth and too much so with the girls. He is really rough. Kelsea fights back but ran home from church that day in tears. He has apologized. And the bishop is involved. He is a great guy, just too touchy.

Amber is still on the varsity tennis team, she is in the top 9 girls. What is crazy is she has only played tennis since 9th grade and there are some girls she beat out that have had years of lessons. She was taught how to give a mean serve and was so excited about it. She hates playing doubles though. But her admirer is on JV so I am sure he is bummed. Kelsea is going to try tennis herself for sure now. Amber spent all day Saturday at an ACT prep class.

Kylee and Autumn are having another big choir weekend. Kelsea is going to be 15 on Saturday. The next Friday is Autumn's birthday. Why is Easter so early this year?

Hannah hurt her ankle really bad jumping off the swing yesterday. She can walk on it OK today but with quite a limp. I was afraid I was headed back to the doctor's office and the x-ray tech would get to know ANOTHER one of my kids. I got through my whole childhood without ever getting stitches or spraining or breaking anything. I never went to the ER-oh yeah once when I was 4. I fell head first down a firemens pole and chipped my tooth and hurt my forehead. The worse thing that happened was I lost my both my toenails in highschool to weird accidents. That was excruciating though. My kids are driving me nuts with this accident prone thing. Shesh.

1 comment:

Janika said...

I have been so fortunate with all that. Isaac is the only one who has broken a bone. Andrew had to have stitches when he was very small when my mom was here and he got hit with the swing in our back yard. Having sick babies multiplies appreciation for healthy ones.