Friday, February 08, 2008

Whew

I am so glad it is Friday. I think this week has kicked my butt. yes another one of those weeks. I subbed 3 days just the 3 hour block and I volonteered on one of the days I was off. The only day I wasn't at school was Thursday and it was get ready for the b-day day and Of course I would get sick in the midst of it. There have been things after school. Concerts and dance and YW. Lee Joe helped get Kelsea to something at the High school last night because I was too sick to go. But I got AMber's presents wrapped and a cake made for Amber before I really hit the floor-or really the bed- and Kelsea made the 2nd cake for me and the rest of the girls stepped up and cleaned. Poor Amber had a visit from Aunt Flo so she was bedridden too. We all recovered well enough for the party. I was able to eat dinner and frost the cakes. My mom and sister and her family came over. They helped me get Amber Guitar Hero for the Wii. She got a shirt, shoes, some ear rings, Pirates wii game and covers for the front seats of the Kia that she has been driving. The boy that likes her gave her a chocolate rose in the morning and then stopped by last night and gave her a bouquet of tulips. SHE GAVE HIM A HUG! Now we should all fall on the floor now in shock. Anyways in spite of sickness and cramps we had a nice party for Amber.
Yesterday I had some sort of illness related to my sinuses again. But I am trying something to help it. Today I was surprised I didn't have any residual pain. I bought something called a neti pot. You mix a saline solution in it and it irrigates your sinuses. I think it has helped a lot. But I need to try it more consistently and see if I can kick a bunch of these headaches and other pain. It has become a chronic issue. Because I have been outside a lot it makes my problems worse.

It feels like Spring in Alaska right now. All the snow is melting and there has been tons of it so everything on the playground is chunks of ice and giant puddles full of slush. We got another 4 inches Wednesday and 1 inch on Thursday. Kylee is wearing out the snow boots we have had for several years because she needs to wear them everyday. Time for water boots.
I need to catch up on laundry now.

2 comments:

Janika said...

Weather here has been crazy sporadic. Amber met Flo for th first time on her 17th b-day? That's wild. Not that she wants us to talk about it I'm sure.

Kim and family said...

It has been happening awhile. Just not the most convenient day to have the symptoms she gets. She is like I was and is about bedridden at some point the first day. Labor wasn't as horrible as I thought because of how bad my cramps would get.