Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Winter blast

I thought when we moved to Idaho we would get snow all winter long. That has never been the case. It will usually snow and by mid morning or at least by noon the roads are wet. We will maybe get a couple of significant storms that do stick around for a few days. A few years ago our snow total for the entire winter was 3 inches. This year on the news earlier yesterday they said our snow total this year is already at 11 inches. And it snowed more since that report and it is going to snow for the rest of the week. As long as I don't have far to drive, I love it. I have missed having snow in the winter. I have lived in Denver,Co, Kansas,Iowa and Alaska where winter means snow. It feels like winter this year and that usually makes it so I am ready for summer when it comes around. I need snow boots this year-and so does the whole town. I lucked out and found one of the 4 pairs left at Target was my size!! Size 11 is not east to find and Target just started carrying that size this year.

Hannah lost her first tooth last night. The tooth fairy actually made it. She is reading low level reading books. I have talked to her teacher and the librarian and they have set her up to take AR tests after she reads a book. She is the only Kindergartener to do that and the only one of my girls that is motivated to read. Now that she can take computer tests on the books she reads she wants to read more.

Kelsea was suppose to have a basketball game yesterday. It was against the only team they have lost to this season. It was not cancelled because of the snow. It was cancelled because the floor was too oily from something for them to play. They are playing today instead but I can't go unless I leave Amber here with the little girls for piano but I don't like doing that. Oh well.

My teenagers are still acting like a couple of brats. I am about ready to either run away or stick them outside with for sale signs.

3 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

My teenager too...were we this bad? I can't imagine we were!

We have tons of snow here to, but you know how much I hate snow. I already had boots, and this year I finally got a pair of ski pants. Makes having to go out in it much better now, but still don't like it.

Maryanne said...

your child is already loosing teeth what a world. time is flying

Janika said...

My girls love the AR program. Emylie always makes the top ten kids in her school for points. Isaac has liked to rack them up too.