Saturday, September 15, 2007

What do you do?

What do you do when you have lost touch with yourself? Try to find out what you have been waiting to do for a long time. I have wanted to try tanning for a long time. And since I didn't spend hardly anytime at the pool this year I don't want to be ghostly white come Christmas. You wouldn't be able to tell me from a snow drift. So I tried it. And my belly got pretty red but the rest of my looks a little the same. But the coolest feeling was when I got done with the 2nd time there I felt I had spolied myself, it was kind of nice to actually feel good about something I did for just me. Plus I am hoping that I get the vitamin D I need to fight off the winter blues this winter. I signed up for an exercise class at the community center. I would have started this week but that class was full so I start in October. I still have a few more ideas to do for me and I am working on fitting them in to my always busy schedule. I have some money from working at the school to invest in it. It is kind of a long slow process trying to figure it out and then having the courage to do something just for you. I guess it would be like that after always sharing your time with somebody as long as I have.

The week got strange with my neighbors father having a heart attack when just their 16 year old son and his grandmother were there. I was at Kelsea's volleyball game so I wasn't there when All the emergency vehicles showed up. Poor Sam gave him CPR but he passed away at the hospital. So we are still trying to help our neighbors.

Kelsea had 2 games and they won both. She played more the 2nd game. I met the "horrible" orchestra teacher. He is a little odd. She is complaining a little less but I am trying to be sure she doesn't wind up being disruptive. Autumn is working at getting her work done faster. With each day she would bring home less and less work. I talked to her teacher and it is Autumn's perfectionism getting in the way. She is working on it. She will spend hours on the homework and not complain and get up early when I tell her it is time for bed and work on it some more.
Kylee is playing violin this year and next year she will be in band. She is enjoying it. Basketball will be starting soon for her.
Amber wasn't asked by her admiring boy to homecoming but we know who he is going to ask and we are both excited for Amber's friend. She is a very sweet friend. Amber may go to the dance with a bunch of her friends and she is happier about that anyway.
Hannah is just lovin school.
The kids were out of school on Friday and that gave us a chance to recover the back yard from all the shed drama and trauma. I found some of my garage floor and the back yard is able to be watered and cared for again. I have a beautiful patio once more. Our Bar-b-q croaked over last weekend though. But anyways things look nice for the moment but the leaves are getting ready to drop so it won't last long.

We broke down and got cell phones for the 2 teenage girls. It has been more and more neccessary with the way things are around here. Kelsea has been begging for one for 2 years now. She is such a kick in the pants. She made her voicemail sound like she is talking to you and then she says leave a message. She got me and she got Amber with it and we had my sister call her and she got her too. The funniest part, and this is so Kelsea-when she called her phone to see if the message worked, she got herself!! I laughed so hard when she told me that! There is never a dull moment with her around.

3 comments:

Janika said...

I hope your "Kimmie activities" help. After my divorce I went back to school and took "Adult Development." Going through the class I realized I was having my mid-thirties transition. I was shocked into it a little early because of the divorce, but it is all about realizing that a sizeable chunk of your life is gone and doing a self-check about what is really important in your life. In the end, you end up with a different life perspective and move away from the "me" focus to "your contribution." It is a natural part of your development.

The Woodward Family said...

Enjoy your "me" time. You deserve it! Remember to take some time to read your scriptures by yourself, I have found that helps more than I could have ever imagined!

Unknown said...

I'm missing the gym.

Tis week I'm having 3 date nights with some good friends. Its a lot in 1 week and I'm getting a sitter for the kids so I can do it. (Nathan's gone for 2 of them.)

I need that me time now and look forward to it.

Kelsea is so funny.

Email me their phone numbers so I can check up on them from time to time.