Saturday, May 09, 2009

Look who's driving now!

I haven't taken any pictures but now I realize I should have. Ms. Sassy britches passed her driving test and written test with flying colors! She is a licensed 16 year old driver and boy was she ever driven to get it. She made her own appointment with the guy that she had to test with and just took care of business. Now I don't have to drive with her anymore but I sure do fret when she is out. Ugh. She has been very possessive over Senor Fuego Nada Peso. She has groomed the car inside and out. The car has a smell but in every other way it is 100 times better than the KIA or otherwise known as Asco. I don't get why Amber thought she had to keep that car. The KIA does have air conditioning and Senor Fuego Nada Peso does not. Only drawback so far.

Lee Joe informed me later last night that he was going to Seattle this morning. He is assembling something and could be gone all week. That meant he wasn't here to take the kids shopping but guess what? Teenagers with a license and jobs can take of things themselves now. I don't have to drive them there and sit in the car like I did one year. So we will see what tomorrow brings.

On Friday we heard a trumpet in our front lawn like you would hear to announce the arrival of royalty and then there was a knock at the door. At the door was a footman of sorts announcing the arrival of a prince (This is a true story-I am serious) And he had a shoe that he needed to try on every fair maiden in the house. The girls lined up on our bench outside-Kelsea was off on her own adventures so missed out- (Lucky Kelsea wasn't there, she wears the same size) the girls told me I had to try it on. Amber was the one that fit the shoe and she was asked to the Happily Ever After Prom. She accepted. Her boyfriend had her shoe on a pink pillow. I gave the shoe to them, then they gave Amber the pillow. He was dressed in a prince costume and his younger brother was the Footman announcing the trying on of the shoe and his dad(our doctor) played the trumpet. Pretty cute and funny. I have pictures!! I will post them later. I am not going to post them on Facebook. He asked us not to. I have been altering a dress for Amber to wear to prom. It is such a pretty dress!

I had something else to say but I don't remember and I have piles of clean laundry on my bed still.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the pics! What an awesome story!!!