Saturday, May 03, 2008

Prom and then some


I am glad that this pic is small enough that you can't see that this picture is kind of blurry. But aren't they a cute couple? Prom is tonight. My baby is gone on her hot date. They played tennis earlier in the day and had subway. This was cute. Her date doesn't have his license STILL. So mom was in the car with him when they picked up Amber. Mom sat in the back while he drove them to the park. She brought them their food and left. When they came home, dad (our doctor by the way) sat in the back while the date drove Amber home. Then Amber's friend curled her hair and I fixed the fancy pins in her hair and she got ready in 20 minutes. They are off to dinner at a very fancy restaurant called the Mona Lisa. Prom is at a winery in Eagle. High school prom at the winery? Then they are going to the boy's house they are double dating with and watching a movie in his fancy home movie theatre room.

Tennis recap-Amber lost a match Weds and won on Thurs playing doubles with a good friend of hers. Kelsea won her match on Mon. She played 3 times on Thurs. Won a singles match, lost her doubles match and couldn't finish her 3rd doubles match. Basketball-they lost their first game today. 3 players were missing and 2 are the very high score players. But they won their last game. Kelsea started the first game, didn't the 2nd. Had 2 points in each game. And did her rebounding fight for the ball thing.

So here is my recap of today,I will not review the past week. Lee Joe worked until very late today. I got Kelsea to her 11 o'clock game. I decided not to take Hannah to her dance class rehearsal. That got done after 12. I took some ibuprofren for a weird headache neck pain thing and then I was able to clean the living room, vacuum, clean the fish tank, and water and fertilize the front lawn and pick up the boutineir (SP?) for Amber's date before Kelsea's 4 o'clock game. Kelsea's game got over at 5. We looked for little rubber bands at the dollar store. Did you know that the dollar store only carries ponytail holders and no other type of rubber band? So we go home without anything and Amber is leaving at 5:40 and it is about 5:15 and I need to fix her hair and she is not even dressed or even has her make-up on. Somehow with even Kelsea's help she is ready with the exception of one safety pin when her date arrives. I take some really bad pictures and struggle putting his flower on his lapel. I don't know how to do it. But Lee Joe gave some tips. He couldn't touch him though because he was greasy. It's on. More bad pictures. They leave. I then goof with the bad pictures and then go to wal-mart to shop and to pick up some prints. They don't look much better then the ones I printed off my little camera printer or any better than the ones I printed off the computer. Kelsea did some stuff with friends. I had hoped to be off the hook when Amber left but that was not the case. The little girls spent their entire day at the house. Lee Joe got home from working at about 10. Kelsea's home from her stuff after 11. Who knows when Amber will be back. She is a good girl out with some great kids so we aren't worried.

Lee Joe just redid our neighbors driveway this week. It looks really good even after some kids wrote their names in the concrete and he tried to fix it after it had hardened quite a bit.

3 comments:

Janika said...

It sounds like a recap of the week. Amber's beau looks so proud to have her with him.

The Woodward Family said...

She looks so pretty. And grown up. I still say she looks just like you did back in high school.

Kim and family said...

Nope, that was only one day unfortunately for me. And a brief recap of tennis. There was so much more and I thought I was going to lose my mind this week but somehow survived like always.