Friday, May 09, 2008

I'm hiding

With the exception of my blog, I am really not THE most social person in the world. In fact I am quite content at times to stay busy with my family and seriously enjoy those times when I don't have to be anywhere but home. I am all for good neighbors that are helpful and are great examples of service BUT--sometimes I would like to come home from a hectic morning and not be bothered for a little while. I have a nieghbor that is starting to make me feel hunted at times. There have been so many times I just get home and she is either at my door, calling me when I set foot in the door or running across the street before I get in the door. With requests like-I found a dead a bird, what should I do. I found baby squirrels what do I do with them. I have mentioned these in the past. This week she had a crisis. Her husband fainted in the doctors office. She needed to get him. OK. I watched her girls-a 12 year old and a 9 year old while she got him (30 minute trip) and then she needed to take him to the ER for tests. He was 100% OK. That was fine, I didn't mind. I took the girls with me to take Hannah to her dance class. The girls played. But I never got my shower that day and I had exercised the night before and was exercising again when she brought her girls over. Tuesday night was crazy, everyone was some where. Kylee ran the mile at school and had an asthma attack. I had to go see her in the nurses office. She was OK in the end. At 5 Kelsea wasn't home. She always calls and I was calling all over trying to find her. I thought something might have happened to her. I didn't remember her asking me the night before if she could go to a friends house to play guitar hero after tennis. I left my 11 year old and 6 year old at home while I took Autumn to dance. And so on top of what already was going on and no husband in sight I was wore out. After dropping kids of at school the next morning I came home and tried to sleep. She called me 2 times in 15 minutes just after 9. I was trying to sleep so I didn't answer. Usually those calls are sales people anyway. So I was up and wanted a shower since I was very gross but didn't call her back right away. I was in the shower when there was knock at the door. So when I was ready and cleaned myself up, I called her. All she wanted to know was what I used on my tree to kill aphids. The next day I was gone all morning taking Kylee to the orthodontist, getting my mother's day pictures and lining out subbing for Friday. I got home around 12. I was home 15 minutes and she was at the door asking me if she bought the right stuff. Everytime I come home I am paranoid that it's her if the phone rings or if there is a knock at the door. I finally had just over an hour to pay my bills the other day and she came over with her girls to see the rabbit. Now if I came over there and she was in the middle of something she lets you know if she doesn't have time for you. The typical call or visit goes like this-"is there band tomorrow" I don't know Kylee isn't in band. I tell her how to get an inexpensive computer "I have a problem" don't ask me call the computer people. "my transmission is doing this what did you do" I had it flushed but I am not a mechanic. "can you're husband help me dig up a piece of concrete." You have a husband but apparantly he can't lift a shovel Ok, its large paving stone. "can you help me move my sofa's around?" The 2 oldest and I go over and I about broke my finger moving it. "Do you want my rabbit? my husband is allergic and went to the ER last night and I don't want to drive to Kuna to give it back. " Like I need another thing to take care of but I am a ridiculous pushover. And now there is bunny poop in my family room. I am too nice to say anything other than my complaining here and to my husband.
And we have a neighbor down the road that does the same thing to Lee Joe. He watches for Lee Joe's car and comes over and chats forever. Now Lee Joe is rarely seen by us some weeks. this guy came over today in the less than 10 minutes we were home in between a dance recital and going out to dinner. We were half way loaded up in the car and I started it to get us all out and the conversation lasted a record 30 seconds.

Not that anyone needed to really see my antisocial ways. But I am hiding in my office while Lee Joe is gone with the girls mother's day shopping so I hope I am not detected. I am hoping for a bar b q for mothers day. Our freebie died last summer. One with an ignition that I can light when Lee Joe isn't home without using matches. I am firephobic.

I have been SUPER grouchy all week long. I recapped enough of the week for you. There is too much to report here and I am too negative for it to be productive anyway. My rejoicing in this-Two activities ended as of tonight. Amber is done with tennis and Hannah is done with Tues afternoon dance. I now have my days open and Amber can pick the girls up from school. Woo Hoo! The rest of the month is still a killer. I already have 4 days of subbing in the next 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Janika said...

I like to be social and chat with neighbors, but I really like to be left alone too. Then when I am bothered by someone, I have a hard time setting limits for myself and them, even though I know it is critical to maintaining sanity. I would rather have the limits of my tolerance pushed than hurt somebody's feelings. Even though it usually doesn't hurt people's feelings when you say, "I'm sorry, I can't do that." Or "I'm not the one to ask."

Kim and family said...

I don't mind being socialble. I would just like to use the potty when I come home sometimes.

Yamaha Drummer said...

LOL