Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Well-

I was trying to figure out why I was so bummed about my birthday but last night Lee Joe brought me a dozen roses and two cards in apology because he realized my birthday was a disappointing one. First of all I can't remember the last time Lee Joe got me a dozen roses. I am not kidding when I say it was probably a dozen years ago. They were beautiful.

Having a sunday birthday stinks first of all. Especially when married to a last minute shopper like Lee Joe. All I really wanted on Saturday was to go to dinner but Lee Joe got home too late to take me and 3 schools had their homecoming that night so my favorite restaurant would have been full of teenage kids in formals. He took the kids shopping and it was odd because we wasn't even gone an hour. He suggested I order take out from the olive garden so that is what I did. So I ate my dinner at home with two of the girls trying to mooch off my dinner while I ate it.
Sunday the bishopric gave me a "gift". I got released from nursery and called to be the Mia Maid advisor. As if I wasn't already freaking out from my current state of everything at the moment.
Lee Joe invited my family to dinner and made it. There was a weird glich in the mashed potatoes. They were a little almost like potato soup. But everything else was really good. A friend of mine and her daughter brought by cupcakes that all had different letters on them to spell Happy Birthday Kim. I got money for a monitor and pretty crystal from my mom and Lee Joe and the girls got me an MP3 player. I don't want to sound ungrateful but I really wanted an ipod. I had asked for an Ipod. Lee Joe always does that, I ask for something and he gets me something else. I didn't have to get an ipod and a monitor. If I had wanted an MP3 player I would have had one by now. But the real surprise was in the end that they got me an ice cream cake from baskin robbins. They hid it in the big freezer and I didn't find out about it by accident. My mom or someone usually brings me flowers and I guess Lee Joe remembered that Tuesday and realized he really didn't try that hard for all I do-those are his words not mine. I did go buy my own present in the end. I wasn't picky about the monitor, the cheapest one would do and in the end I found one for $150. So I was sad and he kind of acknowledged that.

I have fixed 7 band uniforms in the last 3 days on top of our craziness. Yesterday was nuts but I made it. Hannah had dance, I needed to grocery shop and did that before and after. Kylee had her first basketball game. Our girls outscored the other team so bad it was time for our girls to stop shooting. Kylee scored one basket and rebounded like her sisters. We made it to Honor Choir very late. Kylee and Autumn are in it. (Autumn may be not so tone deaf after all) It isn't as easy for her though as the other girls. She has several friends and I may be able to get a car pool going-WOO HOO for car pools! Once I dropped the 3 little girls at home I picked up Amber and stopped by a firends house that was in charge of altering the the 30+ uniforms. Glad that wasn't me. She had Amber try on her uniform so she could figre out where to place the cape-by the way it is the home of Amber's admirer -ahhh. Amber came home and said that was so awkward. It wasn't that bad. I sewed until midnight last night.
What I am looking forward too- Marching band is over in 4 weeks, basketball for Kylee is over in 4 weeks, Volleyball is over in 4 1/2 weeks. But then 9th grade basketball starts.
Hannah was paid a very nice compliment after dance yesterday. The teacher said she had very nice dancers feet. She does a very good job. All of my girls have walked on their toes since they started walking. They all still do and so do I. And she is getting Student of the month award today.

The kids are out for 4 days starting tomorrow. And it is conference weekend. Amber will be gone to Washington this week-the source of my busy-ness the past 2 weekends. It feels like a vacation!!! Not really because we are overhauling bedrooms. I will get those pictures up, they are great but I need to shower and get uniforms back to where they belong when I pick of Hannah.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Hey, Kim, for my birthday, I got not a single present, except for a $9 Wal-Mart shirt that I exchanged for a $5 necklace and earrings. My husband had just gotten his job, but had not gotten paid and we did not go to dinner, eat cake, or anything--in fact, he ended up having to go into work before the system crashed. At least three of my siblings and my mother called me. That is what I expect for my birthday, and I am never disappointed. I guess I don't expect much for gifts because I am not good at giving them. I bet you put a lot of effort into getting things for others' birthdays.