Saturday, October 27, 2007

Crazy can stop now!

This coming week would be somewhat restful if it wasn't for Halloween in the middle of it. I really don't like Halloween much as an adult. I have never liked scary anyway and it is one of those I help my girls indulge in. This year I bought costumes for the little ones we rotate picking from the box of costumes past and fulfilling their imagination but I think I bought 2 of the 3 costumes the little girls did last year and made the other. Santa was memorable. Our current trip brought out the disney this year with one exception. Kylee is Cinderella in her wedding dress from Cinderella 3. I have to add some stuff to the store bought costume. Hannah is Belle-so easy. Autumn wanted to be Peter Pan and wear a Tinkerbell wig. I had a hard time indulging that one and partly because there are not any peter pan costumes or tinkerbell wigs around. And it was just weird. We have done a Pippi Longstocking cheerleader before but Autumn's idea was just weird. So I asked her if she still wanted to be that and she said that or Christine. I had to ask who Christine was-from the Phantom of the Opera. What 9 year old wants to be a character from a broadway musical. It wound up being easy because she wanted a white dress and Fred Meyer had a snow princess dress that works perfectly. I just have to get creative when it comes to curling her hair.

1 comment:

Janika said...

I am no fan of Halloween. Ever since my divorce, the kids' dad has had them for Halloween and taken responsibility for their costumes because I just don't care. This year I have to care because they have no choice but to be at my house, and though I don't like Halloween, I do love them.