Monday, January 22, 2007

The past week

It seems like 2007 has brought a decrease in blogging to our little circle of friends and family.

I can make paragraphs now that I switched to the new blogger.

The two oldest girls had finals this last week. It brought much studying and weird release times from school. Amber may have actually pulled off straight A's even with her 3 accelerated classes. English has been my big worry for her. Before finals she had an 88.9. I told her to try to talk to her teacher to do extra credit to bump it up the 1.1 point it needed. But she decided to actually STUDY for her final and pulled off the highest grade in her class on the final-99% !! Chemistry was her next worry. She studied again got the highest grade on the final in that class. Only one of 3 A's on the final in the two Chemistry classes. Her grade was an 89% and it is now an A too.

Poor Kelsea was a different story. She has been all over the place on her grades. She has had a C in Algebra. The final took a long time for her to finish and she missed lunch. It was a very short day so she didn't suffer that bad. She got a 47%. Her grade stayed a C. I talked to the teacher and he said the whole class suffered on that test. It is a district test and they didn't get all the chapter's studied. They have missed pre-Algebra and so it takes more time for them to learn what they are doing. Most of her Finals were D's and a C. She seems to have a problem with quizzes and tests. Those are always her lowest grades. I think she will wind up with mostly A's and B's and a C. The finals seem to only make a difference if you are on the border of a grade.

Lee Joe made it to Nevada and back with 3 girls all intact. He said the wedding was nice. The girls had fun with their cousins. Amber and Kelsea and I spent the weekend lining out shoe issues with shopping. We ate out. Amber drove for the first time on Sat and was eager to do it again. They drove around in a PT cruiser with a student driver sign on the roof. HaHa! She's not driving with me yet! And Kelsea and I hung out at the girl's basketball game that Amber played pep band for. It was fun. Capital beat Eagle-Wade's school.

You think Boise is big place and yet everyone is linked together. Amber has a friend who's dad coached her school basketball team in the 6th grade and worked at the school they went to. This girl is also related to Kelsea's Science teacher-her step-dad-and is related to their driving instructor-her step-brother. At the open house her dad told me that the classroom we were in was his dad's classroom when he taught. How weird is that.

My doctor's son has all his classes with Amber this year. I was his preschool teacher before his dad was my doctor and delivered my 3 girls. Our doctor is in our stake and when he was in the High council he would speak in our ward. It took me a long time to get use to that. I run into him all the time outside the dr's office and I can handle it better now.

It looks like I might be subbing at the school at the end of this week and we are throwing a friend party for Hannah on Sat. A busy week in store.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Most of us can relate better with Kelsea when it comes to math! I had straight As in school. Except MATH! I took a pre-algebra course in College cuz I was so bad in high school trying to figure the useless crap out. Even in college I failed. well I got a "P" on my report card for Passing. I don't know if that even counts. I spent the majority of school with a C in math.

Maryanne said...

I had a lot of catching up to do. It will be nice when Amber gets her to drive. You might get a break every now and then. The girls did really good. Maybe when I get rich I will send them some money for all of there grades.