Saturday, January 27, 2007

New blogger

New blogger is a headache trying to log in and I have to log in always and usually more than once.

But I can still make a new paragraph, was it worth it? I don't know yet.

5 bits of great news:

Amber has A's all over her report card. Finals and grades! But we knew that already.

Kelsea has all grades on her report card, from A's to F's from her math final. But in general the grades themselves were A's B's and a C. And she put in lots of effort. We have someone lined up that will tutor her in math so we will do that. But her great news is SHE MADE VARSITY BASKETBALL!!! She is very happy. And sore. 50 girls were going to try out but I think that number went down to 36 the first day of practice and they only took 12 for Varsity. Small world moment-her varsity coach's wife was in charge of Kelsea's first basketball experience through the YMCA in the 1st grade.

Kylee had great report card and got an Honor roll award. She had one B and all A's.

Autumn doesn't have honor roll yet but had the same report card as Kylee. She brought a lot of grades up.

Hannah really amazes me still. Her big word of the week is constellation. I had to spell check that one. She said "mom, what's a dipper?" And I asked "what do you mean, what kind of dipper?" She says "you know the kind that is a constellation in the sky." I was speechless for a moment. She had her first friend party today. We had 10 kids over of all ages and she sure felt special and has had the most fun with a barbie rock star microphone she wears on her waist. Not my favorite gift though. We did the decorate the cupcake thing and the kids loved that. It went by fast but I think I have this birthday party routine down. I bought a fountain for the punch. It was on clearance and I had been watching it go down in price. The kids loved it. We have 3 more kids with birthdays in the next 2 months. I figured it was a good investment.

Speaking of birthdays, My sister's birthday is Monday. I was so excited with what I decided to do because for the longest time I had no clue. But considering she could read this I will delay the revealing of what I got for her. So she kicks of the next 3 months of fiesta nauseum-too much cake. Her birthday-Jan 29. Amber is 16!!!! on Feb 7. Ashlee, Matt's daughter, is 7 on Valentines day. My mom is on Feb 19. I get her pie for her birthday, she likes key lime and now craves it just before her birthday. A little rest until March 15 and Kelsea is 14. And Autumn will be 9 on March 21. We break until June here and that is when all the guys have their turn. So here we go!!.

The bad:

We had a teenage nightmare moment this week. I am ready to run away or hibernate until it's over. There was a choice unpreferred 3 letter word uttered at a sister by a sister during a parental confrontation regarding unacceptable behavior during a church activity. I suppose we shall leave it at that and I have a very very very long road to go before I am through it. I prefer babies, toddlers and preschoolers any day over teenagers.

I worked at the school for 3 days. Pretty much uneventful this time. I only had to do the crosswalk for 1 day. I still hate that. The bonus, I didn't know Kylee was getting an award and I was able to be there for it. I was able to take Hannah with me on Weds and Thurs and she played on the playgound and looked at books in the library and she enjoyed that. I will post pictures later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is kind of a pain when leaving comments also because you have to sign in there to.