Sunday, January 14, 2007

LeeJoes HandyWork! Thanks Dad!



The Highly Esteemed Mater!


Lee Joe and the little girls were invited to participate in the Awana pine wood derby held at a baptist church. Kylee painted her car from last year to look like Lightning McQueen so Amber suggested to Autumn she do a Mater car. They jumped on the idea and Friday night Lee Joe dremelled, chainsawed and sanded out a tow truck out of wood. Autumn was up until midnight painting the car. At 10 am Saturday they showed up and Mater was the hit of the pinewood derby. Everyone cheered mater on. Autumn was a little overwhelmed by the attention her car got. Kylee's car raced better than Autumn's car. In the end I think Kylee was almost in 8th place but in the end Autumn's car won first in the design award and she came home with a trophy! How cool is that for Autumn! Kylee was a little disappointed though but we told the girls that they were more of a team anyway so really they were talked into sharing the award. But that is Kylee's luck. I wanted to post pictures but I guess I will have to try again later. Kylee and Autumn started piano lessons this week. We have a special deal with the teacher still so we don't pay for lessons but we do service for his family instead by pet sitting when they go out of town and Lee Joe will do things around their yard. We replaced our tires this week after we got 2 inches of snow. It is amazing how much I don't slide on the ice right now. I got and alignment the day before and they told me the tires were a serious safety issue. And it snowed again today. Amber has had driver's ed all week. We stayed up until 12:30 working on a semester project for her English class on Weds. I am hoping she gets a good grade in the end to help get her grade up. We went to a meeting for Kelsea for early morning seminary next year, I don't even want to think about it yet really.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you email a picture or 2 to me? Leejoe's handywork will get an A+ from me, but don't ecpect a trophy ;)

Glad your cars safe! Now I just have to get mine all taken care of.

Have a great Civil Rights day!

Janika said...

Hey, guess whose here. The car looks great.

Maryanne said...

My kids are going through a CARS kick. They watch it everyday. Dustin always laughs really hard when they go tractor tipping. You should do the tractor next year.