Monday, March 20, 2006

This weekend

Saturday was so nice and leisurely. Our neighbor came over and textured the office. The ceiling still needs to be done but it is almost there!

I took Hannah and Kylee with me to the store while Autumn was at a birthday party across the street. We bought some kites. Hannah really wanted to go. It was really too windy but we decided to try it anyway. I found some kites from a few years ago. We went to the park down the road with 6 kites. 2 were just bought, one was fabric and the others were several years old. In 10 minutes 3 kites bit the dust. The two new ones held up but looked quite tortured in the air. The small fabric kite survived. We weren't out there a half an hour and we were all froze from the wind chill so kite flying was done. I took Amber and Kelsea to the mall and the three little girls and I went to Baskin Robbins to redeem two free cone vouchers the girls got at jump rope for heart.

I went to the mall today at 9am to walk. That is pleasant way to do it and everything is closed so it is brisk window shopping with all the other walkers. I believe I have started Spring cleaning my kitchen. Boy does it ever need it.
Today-Monday I had an interesting twist during Ballet today. I took 6 kids to Ballet. 3 mine,3 friends. As we walked in Kylee fell and skinned her knee. I had to ask the director and teacher some questions so I had her wait a minute for a bandaid, then Autumn had a problem with her toe. Then Kylee told me Hannah needed me in the bathroom. I got there and she had peed all over her clothes and the floor. I had no clothes for her to change into. And then I got a call from home while I was in the quandry over the naked child in the bathroom. Amber had a problem with Dylan and Kailyn that I needed to address over the phone. Kylee still has no bandaid, Autumn's toe still hurts and Hannah is still naked. I have to buy a leotard there even though I don't need it really except for the fact she will remain naked if I don't buy it. She is dressed, I make another call over the crisis at home. And somehow Kylee gets her band-aid and Autumn takes off her shoe so her toe won't hurt. I was about ready to resign my post as super mom. Then everything calmed down and I was flushed and splotchy from the duress. Ugh.
To end the night, my brother in law is in the hospital with either appendicitis or a kidney stone. They are still trying to determine what is ailing him. They realized they should have called me first. Hey! It's not me this week. At least not yet anyway.

Autumn is 8 on Tuesday. She gets to have her ears pierced. That will be my 4th baby baptized! Her baptism is April 8. And we will finally be done with birthdays in Idaho until June, and then there is 4.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's days like that that every mom wishes Dad took care of those hard jobs too! Or that we were in Hawaii sippin' pina coladas on the beach! I'm soo not looking forward to raising another toddler. That's the hardest part. Mey your days be Merry and Bright from here on out!