Saturday, January 08, 2011

It's coming....But for now

So I do have some great things to talk about. Some fun and crazy things I can elaborate on. So I will be hopefully getting to those stories soon and will be posting pictures again.

The Lupus junk has me all over the place. I think I am fine maybe in the morning and most of the day and think I am getting better only to get knocked for a loop later. But I finally have appointments with both a neurologist (that I have been seeing for my migraines) and the rheumatologist here soon. Needless to say I am learning some important things about my body. When I am tired the pain and the fatigue get crazy bad. When I take extra time to recover from feeling tired I have several better days before it gets me again. I am taking a ton of supplements that I have researched. Not a ton but quite a bit and when I take them I feel somewhat better. I know how to do transcedental meditation. I don't practice it the way I was taught how to use it but my body loves it when I come home from work and need a boost to get throught the rest of the night. Sometimes it doesn't help enough but I know I need that 20 minutes of rest and at the end of the 20 minutes my body says it's done before I look at the clock again. So extreme self care is the key. But not easy to do with my crazy house. I was interested to see what happened over Christmas vacation. The first week I was struggling. But it got better the closer to Christmas I got. Then the next week was so much better. By the end of the week I started really cleaning and purging my house. It felt so good and I had so much stamina that has been lacking for some time now. I only missed church because Hannah was dealing with food poisoning. That is where I fooled myself early this week thinking I was doing better. I had some really bad evenings and then when it was rough early in the day I picked up and had a great night. Here I am this Saturday. I only managed to have a good half a day. That was only in the morning. ugh.
I don't look forward to what drugs the rheumatologist might suggest. From what I have read it might be a rough road to getting better.
In the meantime I have some less whiney blogs in store. I need a Christmas update and I need to recap the adventures of catching a train.

No comments: