Friday, July 07, 2006

CRAZY!!

I will start with today and somehow move backwards. Amber Had her last day of Summer school PE. Hooray!! We went to the mall.Some friends of ours that moved out towards Payette a few months ago stayed the night last night with four of thier little kids because their oldest son(makes 5 for them) fell on the 4th of July and fractured his skull. He was life flighted to Boise and spent a night in and a day in ICU. He was still in the hospital today but in a regular room and expected to be released.

On the 4th, we had a birds nest in the lowest branch in our tree with 4 babies in it. Most of the babies were old enough to adventure around the tree. We were trying to see if there were any babies left and one shot out of the nest and on the ground. we spent several hours trying to catch it and we put it back up in the tree after dodging the parents diving at us. The paretns actually chased it out in the road. We put it back. THe little thing clung to a branch above the nest when a nasty nasty thunderstorm blew in. We watched it cling to the branch, it sure hung in there. I guess the parents lost track of it though because they never came back to feed it. THe next day I found in the bush and we spent some time again trying to catch it. We did and put in the tree again. But didn't realize the parents weren't caring for it anymore. My neighbor later brought the baby back again. It crossed the street into her yard. After I put it back in the tree and it fell out right away I knew it wasn't going to be all right. So I took to the bird center for animals in distress. We went to see the center yesterday. I thought the girls would think it was neat how they cared for all the baby birds. THe girls were scared mostly and Kelsea said they smelled bad. They were scared of the chickens. I thought it was neat. SO the baby will be all right. I am such a mushy animal lover.

So I spent the 5th then visiting my friends in the hospital and rescuing birds. THe 4th I tried to throw a 3 guy bar b q birthday party. Matt wasn't coming. We did a 2 guy party. Lee Joe was side working until 6:30-an hour and a half late. I was chasing a baby bird while we waited for him and I got food ready and then the storm rolled in. 5:45 raining like it does in Texas with lightning. Can't bar b q. My sister and her kids and david's kids and his nephew and my mom are all there. The storm eases up but it still raining. I put the bar b qs in the gazebo, Lee Joe is finally home, then he picks Kelsea up and on his way home a belt slips off the van when he gets home. We finally eat, sing happy birthday and presents are opened,it stops raining and weather clears up,van gets fixed, buy fireworks-9pm now. Light some off and then everyone but me(not good with fireworks) goes to watch the show at the baseball field down the road. Game runs really late, fireworks are after the game, everyone gets home after 11 and I was home to get the call about my friends son while I am home.

Lee Joe for his birthday got a genuine swiss army knife, small version swiss army knife and some accesories. My mom and my sister gave him a gift card and money to replace the fishing pole he bought for himself at Christmas that he used once in June and it broke.
June-22-26--
My mom had surgeryon her stomach. She is recovering well. Lee Joe and I had our 16 anniversary, went to the anniversary inn. Hannah had some teeth work done in the hospital. She is prouder of her silver tooth than she should be. Kelsea went on a raft trip with the police department. We saw Cars with Grandma and grandpa Lay. 4 of the girls got to ride in hot air balloon at the Balloon rally. I had an anxiety attack that lasted several days. And I need to see a Chiropractor.

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

I don't think that you had as much fun on the fourth as you would have liked. Sounds to much like work. So is amber driving yet. We know that we will be in NV. the 12th - the 18th. See you then.

Unknown said...

That's how it is when you are older. Everything is work!

Sure wish we could all be kids again and have a great mom like Kim that tries to make everything fun for her kids!