Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm back

I thought when I was in Clovis New Mexico that I should write a book about "How I survived my trip with my mother" We actually enjoyed each other quite a bit with all the joking that went on. My mom couldn't get us to either of my Aunts' houses without some sort of detour and they were not hard to find.

The funeral was a small graveside service. It was the first time all my aunts and uncles had been together since I was in kindergarten. There were a couple of cousins I hadn't seen since I was 7 or 8. What was really neat was my cousins children were my uncles back yard finding frogs and horny toads and that is what I remember doing with my cousins when I was there all those years ago.

We had a really pleasant time. There was a lot of nostalgia. We ate at Furrs cafeteria, Grandma use to take us there and we had to have the mac and cheese. The car trip was like when we were little going to New Mexico, just the 3 of us. I was trying to find indian dolls for my girls but they were not as easy to find as they had been when I was little. But I found some.

Lee Joe handled mr mom week well. He had a couple of curve balls thrown in. There were 2 unexpected school events. Hannah got an ear infection, he had to take her to the doctor. And there was a birthday party. He gave me a very sweet card when I got home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad all went well! Want me to post the pic of Amber?

Kim and family said...

yes that would be fun if you could. Thanks Dev