Sunday, May 21, 2006

busy week

I tried to blog earlier this week but my computer was acting retarded. So here we are a long time later.

Here's the Lay family brief-
Amber, in her tournament won her first two games and lost her third. SHe would have placed had she won that round. It was close but the girl that beat her took first place. Not bad for a first year tennis player. Devanie can you post that picture for me?
Kelsea started Volleyball. She made Varsity 1. They won their first game and lost the second. Kelsea didn't make that game. Next game Mon.
Kylee Autumn and Hannah had their dance recital last night. Cute as can be. Hannah had the audience laughing with her over zealous pointing at herself with her squinty smile in the part of rainbow connection where they are to point at themselves. She is a ham! Kylee and Autumn did a really good job. Kailyn was in it too and she was fun to watch so it became a fanily event. One less activity to do! Woo Hoo!

The job has not been bad. My only complaint was this last week the temp decided to be over 20 degrees above normal. We were in the mid 90's all week. We went from 70 to 90 just like that. I spend about 3 to 3 1/2 hours outside so I have been coming home wiped out and miserable. But I have a great farmers tan going on and have lost a little weight. This week will be in the 70's again thank goodness. I have had some interesting little things thrown in . I subbed for a little bit in one classroom. I do the crosswalk before and after school, I don't like that very much. I will have to do a class with some of the more difficult kids called character academy this week. I had a couple of girls recognize me in the store. I guess I have celebrity status now in the elementary crowd. They proceeded to entertain me while I tried to bag my groceries.

Lee Joe has about exhausted himself this week. He couldn't stay up this morning to get ready for church. He has been working some long hard hours and of course it was hot to boot. So I have been running the show alone while working. Needless to say not much got done this week. It is a good 4 weeks to decide if I want to keep it up for real.

We had a nasty storm blow in Friday night and it downed trees and knocked power out. Our power stayed on our neighbors across the street didn't have power. We had a lot of dead branches in our yard. No damage for us.

The update on the baby birds. We had one left alive in the nest and it died this last week. The girls were sad but they realize it was nature taking it's course so it wasn't traumatic, like it would have been if the cat ate it.

So much for a brief. I am never at a loss for words.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

So what is the last day of school? It sounds like things might start to unwind. Tell everyone that I love them.