Friday, March 23, 2012

Double Trouble

Don't let these little innocents fool you.  I am only talking about the dogs.  Hannah is a pretty good kid.  But those little stinkers discovered how to take off out the front door and take little unsupervised journeys.  It happened 2 in one week and I was not home.  I came home the first time though and wondered why I was not greeted by two happy jumping balls of barking fun.  There had been 5 people in the house and no one knew what happened to the dogs.  That has been my worst fear.  Busy street, lots of directions to run, busy street.  They must not have been gone long.  They were past the church.  Dobby got in the car.  Yoda was not so easy to catch.  We brought them home and then Dobby got sick within an hour of coming home.  It scared us.  Antifreeze is toxic for dogs and he got sick and very distressed really fast.  I took him to the vet.  He threw up full leaves and bark.  They did x-rays and saw sand in his stomach it might have been on something still in his stomach we couldn't see.  They gave him sub-q fluids.  Second time in his life he has had to have fluid under his skin.  We brought him home.  He had a terrible night and couldn't settle down.  So I had a terrible night.  I tried to sleep on the couch. Blech. The next day he still was feeling pretty rough.  We took him back to the vet and then we decided we would wait it out a little longer.  He did get better. 
Then I left a few days later.  Then through Autumn's Facebook she posted that they got out again.  I wasn't home for any of it that time.  No sick dog that time. 
I need to train them up some more.  We will get there.
I only let the dogs in bed with me in the mornings.  Yoda has taken to snuggling.  I mean really snuggling right up against my back so he sticks his nose in my hair.  It is cute until the dog starts sleeping hard and sounds like he is snoring.  That is our doggie update.  

No comments: