Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Moon

I know my last blog was long and there were no pictures.  This is what I came home to today.  The moon was just barely peeking over the mountain when we were coming down our street.  I ran to get the camera.  Moonrise.
 I knelt in the bike lane in front of my house to take this picture.  A car coming down the street almost slowed down to a stop.  I guess I looked like I was about to leap sideways into the street at any moment.

                           This is as much of a closeup I can get with my really nice camera.

This is with my old camera.  Its best feature is its zoom.  It is just a Panasonic Lumix. 

Later when it was dark, the moon was still fantastic looking with a haze that glowed around it.  I was ohhing and ahhing all the time while I drove the girls to the church for Young Women's and I wished I had my camera and then I had a real dork experience.  I did not turn on my headlights as I drove past the 13 houses on the way to the church.  But I will justify that by saying that I was driving by moonlight and didn't need it.  Believe me?

No comments: