Saturday, April 03, 2010

What's up? Spring Break is over!

Yep I am sad and am in a frumpy mood. That could be because the weather all week-the week of Spring break has been the worst. Rainy snowy and gloomy. I should be running out the door right now jumping up and down and rejoicing because it did clear up magically and it isn't too freezing out there. But I am putting off easter egg dying, finding Easter baskets, making beinyas because of the movie Princess and the Frog. Hannah will not give up on this today so I better get busy. In a minute.

A rundown of what we have done--
Lets see-there were 2 birthdays in one week this year and that week was the CRAZIEST one we have had in some time. Autumn got to participate in an All State choir that only comes to our part of Idaho like every 7 years. That was out in Nampa. That required transportion to a little town I never go to but maybe once every few years any more. So we took 5 girls out to an evening practice and then there was a concert the next day at 4. Who really makes a concert for kids at 4 in Nampa with a majority of the kids from Boise? I left work early with Hannah to go see it. And the man that directed them was an internationally known children's choir conductor of some sort. I will just believe what they say. But it was a very good concert. Then we had a sleep over with 11 and 12 year olds that weekend for Autumn. Needless to say after that week I was hammered.

Things don't want to let up. I am sure it's my own fault. I will take responsibility for the inability to say no. Now Autumn is doing track. Kelsea is doing tennis. I don't have to attend everything with her but I do like to show up. I am not telling you all the other things that were already going on. There are boyfriends for couple of girls-and some breaking up with boyfriends. One of the breaking up with boyfriends was because one certain girly can't be exclusive. That's ok with me. Then it came back to hurt her when a girlfriend became very jealous over a boy and is now doing things to intentionally hurt my kiddo who was her best friend. Yucky! That's so not good and I am not sure what to do with it. I am wondering how much of what they are doing is really like cyber-bullying to an extent and whether or not these other girls have decided to stop their obnoxious mean behavior or if it continuing on. Fun with teenagers in this day and age. You want to feel like a fish out of water? I feel like my days in high school is now ancient history and I am a little lost now in how to parent my teenagers. Well I am a better parent to younger kids and this whole teenager thing does make me want to crawl under a rock until it's over. But that would be a very long time.

So other than my grumbling about busy kids, working full-time, always feeling like I am buried with everything that needs to be done, the hard working hubby that is never home now-a-days when we are(but it is job and we are SOOO thankful for it even if isn't the one we would want forever)the teenage hormones, did I mention the misery of teenage girls? Yep, grumpfest. I need a vacation! Away from everything and everyone. Spring Break doesn't count! I am home all week with the kids and too worn out to be any fun, too overwhelmed to do anything but try to catch up on chores and pile reduction and I didn't really accomplish anything.

So I know that even though working is neccessary at this time. I am not happy with my job. But I am happy for the time off I get and the insurance. But I so much still want and need to be at home. I am writing something right now and it consumes my thoughts but my life in general eats up the time I want to spend working on it.

Another good thing-I have been forcing time for exercise. I have to make it happen and it happens at like 9 or later at night. But the good news is-even though I haven't lost much weight, I have lost about 2 inches all over. YAY! I have been doing lots of cardio and yoga both. But I am also trying to get the anxiety and depression relief from it and it's not helping that much yet. I guess I would be a lot worse off if I wasn't doing it.

There needs to be more good news. We got our first actual decent tax return in several years. I finally got a stove. A flat top stove with 4! yes 4 working burners!! No more family members trying to burn my house down. wink wink--haha....

I need to dig up some more good news. hmmmm.... I guess I will have to think about it for awhile. Oh, Autumn doesn't know this yet. But some people from her little Y-ball basketball team set up something super cool today. But in a recap- I probably didn't post much about how her team won in their 6th grade basketball tournament. The last game they were down by 3 and someone made a basket and a free throw in the last seconds in the game to tie it and they went into overtime and won! One of the parents drives a limo so in between games he drove the girls from the team in it around and then to the team party. That day was awesome for her. So tonight they are going to an Idaho Stampede game. That's our local basketball team. I forget which league they are considered but not quite NBA. The girls will be called down at the beginning of the game as 6th grade y-ball stampede champions and then they will get to do the tunnel when everyone comes out. Then afterwards they are going to get to have their jerseys signed by the players on the team. So that should be exciting. Maybe if I ever decide to post pictures again, you will get to see it. But of course it hasn't happened just yet! Ha!

Anyway, not the most uplifting post. I would have posted sooner but this gloomy mood of mine has been pretty persistent. I better go make those beinyas and see how they are. On my new stove!

1 comment:

The Woodward Family said...

I'm not looking forward to the teenage girl drama. I don't know how you do it with yours. Boys are so much easy, I think. Anyways, happy easter!