Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Vacation!

The kiddos are home for two full weeks and we are preparing for the big day. I have been fighting a cold with airborne and dayquil. I feel crummy. It figures. I am suppose to sing in the choir on sunday. We will see if I have a voice. Every December is like this. The primary is singing and I have to lead. Isn't that going to be fun putting a bunch of super excited kids on the stand on Christmas day. What were we thinking. We have church at 11 so I am just glad it's not 9am.

So far the kids have been good. Very little squabbling. Amber and Kelsea baked cookies today. I have yet to make fudge. It looks like we will go to my mom's house Christmas eve and exchange my family's presents and then after we get home from church on Sunday everyone will come over here and hang out and have dinner. My brother came over today with a present for my mom. He was so funny, it was like he never wrapped a present in his life. He has really gotten into the Christmas mood this year. He is shopping for everyone. He is doing well right now which is happy news for him and of course all of us too.

So other than trying to knock a cold-could have been a few nights in the garage getting business taken care of if you know what I mean- and hanging out without a lot of chasing around with kids,that is SOO nice.

As we speak here at almost 11pm, Lee Joe is still out doing his shopping. I am so done! I bought film and batteries today. So I am set.

And for you Lay folk out there, You might get a kick out of the fact that Amber has begun recitations of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. She has written down entire scenes, memorized them and shares them with anyone that has ears. Lee Joe finds it funny, I find it irritating. But it is her favorite movie right now. Even before Napoleon Dynamite.

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

Napoline Dynamite is a great movie but you can't beat a classic. A Lay after my own heart. Stay busy. I hope you got my card. Love you all.

Unknown said...

I wasn't all that impressed with Napoline Dynamite. Guess I'm not a Lay. =) Just Stout Hearted!

Merry Christmas All! Thanks for the news!