Wednesday, January 23, 2013

2013

I am behind in blog posts. And I looked up my blog today and saw I had 10 comments on my last post. I thought, "wow! What happened?" What happened was it was spammed 10 times with the same nonsense message. Oh well. In all the years I have had my blog, that has never happened.

I have spent the past few months battling migraines constantly and they are getting worse. I haven't been able to take all my supplements, go to the chiropractor or see the massage therapist that helps me out so much. I also think that change is coming and my hormones are a big part of my problem. So hopefully this next month I can try and tackle that again and get it under control. It is frustrating losing so much of each day battling my headaches until I can function. They get so bad so fast that I get pretty sick to my stomach. Driving Hannah to school in the morning is a test of endurance when I have one. I hate it.

I am trying to do the things that I can. Progress is slow. But I have been writing. I did so much that I completely fatigued my brain and had to take a break.

The beginning of January I worked on a really short story. It was 500 words and submitted it to a contest to win itunes giftcards. I won! But I don't how many stories I was up against. It may not have been very many. But still I won the giftcard was $20.00 and I could submit the story elsewhere to try and publish it. So I did. I can't post it here because of that. I worked on another short story for an anthology. It was a ghost story. I don't read that sort of thing and when I was writing it, I got really jumpy and it's probably really dumb. But it was good practice. I have no idea how long it will be before I hear back on that but hey, I have started and I am building my novel at the same time and have more ideas of things to do. Now if I could get the headaches under control, I might be able to accomplish so much more.

I have learned that I hate commas. I missed so much school in 4th grade and 7-9 grade that I can see where I am lacking in my grammar education and it is frustrating while I try to remember how to use something that seems so easy. It's not. I am trying. So don't judge me. ;)

All the kids activities have settled down some. It is quite nice. Down time is a good thing for them to have after school.

We are COLD!! I don't remember a winter that has been this cold for so long. I am tired of it. I am sure I was complaining about how hot is was for so long this summer. It is just crazy. Over 100 in the summer and below 0 in the summer. The snow has been here for weeks. The Christmas lights will have to stay up until spring I am sure.

It's late and I am going to go write something else now.   

3 comments:

Cara said...

I think it's awesome that you're following your dream and seeing success in writing, and I totally feel your pain about migraines. Mine are getting worse also, and I'm told they will continue to worsen until menopause, but consistent exercise and sleep habits help as do learning to relax as much as possible so your tense muscles don't make them worse. Probably not new news to you, but good luck!

Melissa said...

Kim,

Have I told you lately (or ever) how much I admire you? You are a beautiful person inside and out. You are kind, thoughtful, generous and sincere. I am so happy that you have taken the time to focus on your writing. You are an enormously talented women and an inspiration to me - and many others I am sure. So maybe that is a little sappy for a blog comment, but too bad. You make me smile when I read your blogs and I'm grateful you have it so I can still feel connected to you while we are so far apart.

Oh, and I hate commas too!!!!!

I love you big sister. :)

~Liss

Melissa said...

Okay - so I really, really, really detest typos in my own writing. I don't judge others, but cannot stand it when I make silly mistakes.

So, while you do enough in a day to be more than one person - I probably should not have referred to you as a "women" in my post. Grrr...