Monday, December 17, 2012

December Frenzy

I thought I had something more to say. Well maybe not. I have been listening to Christmas music all month long. I am sitting in my family room watching the lights on the Christmas tree more than the television and I can't believe Christmas is almost here.

Of course the news on Friday has changed everyone's perspective. The loss of 20 children and the 6 adults in the elementary school is ever present. I haven't allowed news coverage of the event in my house. Internet articles are enough to bring me to tears. Pres Obama's words are enough to get me all over again. Having worked in an elementary school for so long puts more weight in the anguish. I know how I would have acted. I haven't allowed the media onslaught in my home because the media fills us with too much information. Too many details so we feel as if we were in the school that day and we go right along trying to find answers and get the answers and far more information that has not been just devasting to all those people in Connecticut but to those of us who aren't there. I don't want my children to be afraid to go to school and they don't need to feel as if they survived a school shooting either. But I will have conversations with them. I will make sure my children know I love them. My heart aches for 20 families of little ones. and the six adults that sacrificed their lives for all the children and for the suspect's family who have to be equally devastated beyond words.

I don't mean to make light of what has taken place as I continue on:
With that out of system, we have been doing the December events in full force. So many concerts and another opportunity to hang lights for the Christmas party at the church. I said earlier today-They ask me because I have the lights and I know how to hang them.  Har Har...

In writing-- I keep working on it. I am editing and am writing a few other scenes to add and cutting out what isn't important. This is going to take a long time and is quite the brutal process and fills me with doubt about my abilities even though I know this is totally a part of the process.

I hope to have pictures to post next blog. I have a bad habit right now of staying up far too late with my writing endeavors. :( 

No comments: