Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Week of the run over

This is one of those weeks that run you over. Yeah, so 4 kids to the dentist one day ( two with cavities that I have to schedule appts for and a wisdom tooth consult to schedule too.), my dr's appt the next and figure out how 2 kids are getting home at different times and then there is one more appt to finish the week with. One has started elementary basketball, and honor choir this week. there is the school carnival. On top of one in tennis (thank goodness she can walk to and from the jr high) one in color guard and playing in the homecoming powder puff football game and the performance at the game on Fri and the dance on sat and now she is coming down with a sickness. She says it is starting like her pneumonia did. Ugh. SO yeah, I am complaining like I do so well but it really is no surprise yet the bonus is having enough cars so enough of them can drive. That's good.

There is my week and yet I have a little time in the evenings to decompress some. But I am ready to schedule myself a mental health day but I will wait until things settle down some so it's worth it.

Wait, so I have to share today. We had a 911 emergency that was weird with an adult on the sidewalk outside the school. Then another person- a friend, had a passing out episode of some sort and we almost had to call 911 again. Kids were given these little strobe light whistle things for walking to school. Having about 50 kids blowing these things on the playground at once is like some sort human torture device. NERVE WRACKING!! and then Amber's boyfriend's mom is the PTO president and she is organizing the school carnival. She calls the office and says "Hi, this is ---- I am stuck in the attic." I laugh. But I don't know where the attic is. She tells me so I find her. She is scared of heights and doesn't want to climb down the ladder without help. But she really did need another person there to hold it but she also didn't know where the light switch was so I turned on the light and saved her. Ok not really all that heroic but after our day any little boost counts right? That was almost like a week full of little crisis rolled into one and it isn't even a full moon anymore.

Nough said!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can almost relate, this is my week so far...

Asked on Friday to take a business trip to San Antonio, was gone Monday & Tuesday; found out Tuesday night that Eric and Erin had events at the county fair (that I didn't realize was this week) today (Wed.), went straight from work to the fair to see Eric show his pigs (4-H project) and Erin compete in a fair Queen contest; Thursday Dylan is going to be in the fair parade for Band in the morning and a he's playing in a football game in the evening (not playing his trumpet - playing football) and we plan to go to the fair for rides, Friday is the auction at the fair for Eric's pigs; Saturday David wants to go to the fair again.... Ugh, can't wait until Sunday.

It's a lot, but it's fun to see all the kids' activities. Just hard to juggle that with work and a 40 minute (one-way) commute.

These days will be gone before we know it, though, so I'm staying in the moment and loving the time with all of them.

Missing all of you - we love you bunches.

BTW - I called Saturday and talked to Kylee but she said you were not up, yet. Will call again this weekend.

Liss