Saturday, February 23, 2013

Published!

I am still not sure what to think of all this. I can totally find ways to belittle this success. But I submitted a short story I wrote specifically for an anthology. I heard on Thursday that they accepted it for publication, sent me a contract to sign and I will be hearing from the editor. EEEKKKK!!!!

What is so funny about this short story is it's a ghost story. Any talk about ghosts freaks me out completely. I don't watch scary movies and I don't read anything ghostly at all. In fact when I started writing it at night, I was really jumpy and had to wait to write it during the day and when everyone was home. And I had no idea if it really was scary and I didn't have anyone read it before I sent it out. So I am astounded!

I need a published story under my belt for what I am pushing for in my efforts for later this year. So my story will be in the Anthology- Mental Ward: Echoes of the Past. More info will be forthcoming when I have it. It may take months before it is ready.

In the meantime a few weeks ago I got a rejection for my short short story. Not a biggie, I just need to see where else I can send that one.

I will save the updates on the kids in the next post because there is a lot fo cool stuff to report but this needs its own post. :)

2 comments:

jadell said...

that is so cool! Congrats to you!

Sirah

Melissa said...

Woo hoo!!! Keep at it. You're just getting warmed up. :)

Love ya,

Liss