Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Puppy Love


I know I have posted about these pups before but I really do love these dogs.  I didn't think I was dog person or only the kind of dog person that could love Spot a bunch and that was all there was.  But these boys are cute and very loving and follow me around the house wherever I go and scratch at my door when I shut them out.  The boys are will not be men dogs ever again.  I was nervous dropping them off because you sign a form saying you realize that they may have issues with anesthesia and you won't know until it is too late.  But they were fine.  Dobby loves his toys.  In particular he likes these really loud squeaker balls and will relentlessly search for them if they are lost.  He has to pick a toy up before you take him out of his pen in the morning.  (We have tried sleeping with them but they are pretty bad sleepers with people)  We were surprised to find out Yoda weighs a whopping 11 pounds.  He is shorter than Dobby and Dobby is just under nine pounds.  Yoda can now push Dobby around.  It took until just a few weeks ago before Yoda could jump up on the couch. 
The love to shred paper towels and toilet papet and tissues.  They usually are pretty good about just chewing on their toys but Saturday they got an ink pen.  I came home to a bunch of ink on my carpet in my family room and on my new recliner.  I was frustrated to put it kindly.  I read to use alcohol.  It was instantly coming up but it was hard not to spread it around.  After an hour and half of dealing with the spots that night I had to stop.  I shampooed the carpet the next day and this is what was left on the carpet. 
The recliner has two blue dots just smaller than a dime and another few spots but I guess I can live with that.
The puppies are still keepers.  I still talk so silly to them and let them hang out with me when I home all day. I call them Yodel, bubba or Dobbers and would not want to be without the silly little pups even if they bark too much.

Aren't they cute?  They aren't real impressed. 
In case you haven't heard about Spot.  For one, she really needs a hair cut.  She is a 13 year old Japanese Chin Poodle mix-Japanoodle or Chin a poo.  My mom had a Japanese Chin that was a pup from my grandparents Chins and she had poodle.  On New Years Eve Spot was born just a half an hour before 12 but we always forget to tell her happy birthday.  Good thing she doesn't care.  She is going blind right now, even when she doesn't have hair hanging in her face.  It's sad because I was there when she was born and I do think she has been a wonderful dog.

Since this is about my pets, this is Sox or Socks.  I never really decided how I wanted to spell her name so it is often spelled both ways.  She was born in our house on April fools day about 9 years ago.  Her mother got mastitis and I had to hand feed her and her 4 other siblings.  Spot helped with them as well as mothered them and tending them the way their mother couldn't when she was sick.  So I am super attached to her too.  She use to like to lay near my feet and touch me with her paw just so she had some sort of contact. She is bigger than the dogs and we think she totally looks like a Maine Coon Cat.
I am done with my pet post.  I couldn't imagine living without them.  I would have no excuse for talking to myself when I am home alone.

1 comment:

Kreller Kaboodle said...

your pets are so cute!!! So glad Dobby and Yoda are doing well!