Friday, April 15, 2011

Power

This is on my mind today. I am trying to put my thoughts into words to share. I am struggling to say how I feel. I am dealing with a situation where someone I know is mad at me for reasons only they can justify. I didn't do anything. I have been upset and distressed until I realize I give this person too much power in my life. Especially since there isn't anything I did. So when I thought about it and realized I could choose whether to give her the power to upset me. Or I could choose to take that power back to myself and know there was no wrong doing done by me and let them have their unhappiness, it brought me so much peace and I settled down. But I have had to tell myself that a few times to find that peace again because there has been several days of minor drama. People only have the power in our lives that we give them. I can let this person upset me because they are unhappy or I can choose let them be unhappy and I can move on because their unhappiness is not my problem to fix. That led me to also realize that I need to feel my feelings more sometimes rather than trying to feel everyone elses. I know that is what makes me the person that I am with a tender heart and full of empathy. Why I save mice and fledling birds and mother 500+ kids everyday. But sometimes I have to let myself feel what I feel. I don't need to justify my feelings or answer to anyone how I feel. And that self is happy right now while this other person is not. Needless to say, we don't need these kind of people to take our energy from us. They don't need to waste our time consuming our thoughts. Because letting it go brings so much peace. There is a lot of personal power in that. What I feel is so big and I still don't feel the hugeness of what I am trying to say is coming out right here. I guess my blog readers will have to come out and tell me if you get what I am trying to say. I will leave it at that since in my last mouse blog, I was going to wait to blog more and my next blog will shed some light on what is going on.

1 comment:

Kreller Kaboodle said...

I love you Kim! That was very well put! I'm glad that you are able to realize what you need to do! NOT an easy thing to do AT ALL!!! I struggle with the same thing way too much and I need to learn to let it go and feel my own feelings! I like how you said that! :) Thanks for sharing!!