Monday, February 07, 2011

Brain issues and birthdays



I really wanted my last post to be special and then I reread it at a decent time of day and went "Oh my gosh, I sound like an idiot." So I cleaned up that last post and few other things on my blog. My brain has issues sometimes.
Today is my oldest daughters birthday. It could be that my reall issue with my editing skills is that I am getting old. Because I AM almost 40 and My daughter did just turn 20!!! TWENTY!! I don't have 4 teenagers anymore. I am the mom of an adult, 3 teenagers and a way too smart 9 year old.

Amber is still my steadfast daughter. 2nd year at BSU. She still loves music, and is fun a quirky. I think she might be driving home with the first car she just bought herself. I think it's a Mitsubishi Eclipse. I don't know much in my old age do I? She's a great kid and we are lucky we have her. We are hoping that with her major in Materials Science Engineering and her minor in Biomedical engineering that if we don't succeed greatly in life that she will take great care of us.
I wanted to do a blog about my youngest when she turned 9 but it seems so after the fact to sit and find some reason to talk up my kid, but hey, it's my blog and a another one of those kids of mine that I am darn proud of. Yes, she is amazingly quirky. I asked her what kind of cake she wanted. She wanted flowers and butterflies on it. But if you asked her what she got, she got Lego Star Wars for the Wii and for the DSi and has played it more than any other game she has. She got a couple of Star Wars figures, a BSU football and a soccer ball-but it was from Justice so that was super cute and girly. She loves to be on the computer. She did beg me to start a blog. When she writes it has so much of her personality in it, it just makes you laugh. She is really sensitive and quite easygoing. But she is notorious for leaving a trail where ever she goes. She has a very short attention span with some things and is very easily distraction. Her most amazing accomplishment the other day was that she beat her dad at Chess. He was pretty surprised by it. She has a really high IQ. She has been learning the piano easily. She would love to play drums. She has been drawn to drums since she was 2. She has some skills at memorizing that blows me away. She is a fun kid and she is growing up way too fast.

For me, I have loved having my kids around. I love them when they are 8 and younger. I love all the little kid things you can do with them. And we have for the first time grown out of those things. And even more so because of Hannah's accelerated pace. But I enjoy those little moments where she picks up something with Strawberry Shortcake on it which has been a favorite of hers for a long time. I love taking her to build a bear. But with the last visit, it is a little less magical because she is self -conscious about looking silly. A big sign that she is feeling much more grown-up and a lot less carefree.
I suppose that means that with my oldest turning 20 that it is time to look forward to grandbabies. But I am in no hurry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

grandbabies??? did you just ask for that?